| || |
|Promoting an understanding of Islam that recognises the principles of |
justice, equality, freedom, and dignity within a democratic nation state
Sisters in Islam (SIS) is a leading Malaysian women’s NGO working for justice and equality for Muslim women. Through the Telenisa Legal Clinic, SIS provides information to women who seek advice on matters relating to Muslim family laws. SIS also undertakes research and advocates for legal and policy reform on issues related to Muslim women’s rights. SIS has widen the space for public debate and discussion on Muslim women’s rights overall as well as other issues of fundamental liberties. The work we do has far-reaching impact and has support regionally and globally.If you are passionate about the same issues and want to get involved, please submit your application to email@example.com which includes a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.Description of the work environment. SIS offers a friendly, consultative and supportive work environment. Staff are warm, caring and very committed to SIS work. The organisation offers competitive benefits to its staff, including a wellness programme, medical insurance, interest free loan or scholarship, attractive salary scale and 24 days of annual leave upon confirmation. VACANCY: DEVELOPMENT MANAGERSubmit application to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for application: 16th June 2016 Position: Full-timeQualifications & Experience: Preferably degree of masters degree in the social sciences or any related field. A minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience in a fundraising role, working with a variety of donors with good command of Bahasa Malaysia and English. Those with NGO experience will have added advantage. Location: Petaling Jaya, SelangorReporting to: Executive DirectorSIS is on the lookout for a dynamic and creative person for the position of Development Manager to raise funds for SIS services, programmes and operations. RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
VACANCY: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER Submit application to: email@example.com Deadline for application: 16th June 2016 Position: Full-time
- Develop a fundraising strategy for SIS to be presented to the Finance & Fund Rraising Committee;
- Responsible for implementing the fundraising strategy and meeting funding targets;
- Identify new sources of unrestricted and restricted funding and oversee grant applications for SIS services, programmes and operations;
- Manage and develop new and existing relationships with individual and corporate donors and sponsors, and institutional funders;
- Manage and maintain the database of individual and corporate donors and sponsors, and institutional funders;
- Prepare and write reports and updates to donors and funders;
- Oversee timely and accurate reporting to funders;
- Implement fundraising events and activities and subsequently the follow-up and finalization of the events.
- Implement fundraising events and activities;
- Oversee the design and implementation of SIS fundraising appeals and campaignsevents and activities;
- Implement fundraising events and activities and subsequently the follow-up and finalisation of the events.
- Oversee the financial and relational aspects of the Dr. Nik Noriani Legal Aid Fund and SIS Legal Defense Fund;
- Participate in the management team, liaising with other staff and contribute to the development and implementation of organisational policies, practices and procedures, ensuring staff coordination and workflow;
- Together with the SIS Finance and Operations Unit, carry out budgeting and financial reporting in relation to the fundraising strategy ;
- Provide input and support to the SIS Finance and Fundraising Committee;
- Represent SIS at events and external relations engagements;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Reporting to: Finance and Operations Manager
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
The role of Administrative Officer is to provide assistance to the Executive Director and Operations Manager related to correspondence and document preparation; general administrative and support to the administration and management of SIS.1. Correspondence and Document Preparation
2. Meetings and Administration
- Receive incoming daily correspondence of all kinds (post, fax, e-mail), distribute appropriately, file in the Incoming Correspondence File and inform on urgent matters.
- Review, prioritise, organise and file all incoming correspondence and emails for the Executive Director and Operations Manager for SIS in general.
- Assist the Executive Director or Operations Manager in typing of long and urgent e-mails and reports.
- Maintain and update telephone contacts, addresses, e-mails etc of Board, Programme and Management Committee, staff, current partners, NGO Partners and donors.
- Liaise with Company Secretary and Registrar of Companies on all Board of Director’s matters.
- Assist the Executive Director and Operations Manager in the organisation of staff meetings, Board and Programme and Management meetings.
- Maintain updated meeting files including the revised copy of minutes and all documents presented at the meetings.
- Record minutes of meeting as and when necessary.
- Obtain quotations, book flights and arrange travel for SIS staff and members when appropriate.
- Prepare files and papers for Board and Programme and Management Meetings and arrange bulk photo stating if required.
- Prepare info kit (fill in and distribute) and drinks for SIS visitors.
- Assist in the general administration of SIS operations.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the office.
- Liaise with service providers on office maintenance.
4. Human Resource
- Screen all incoming calls for the Executive Director and Managers, take messages and give appropriate general information on SIS in response to queries.
- Maintain the Executive Director’s calendar, and schedule appropriate appointments and travel arrangements.
5. Office Supplies, Equipment and Furniture
- Handling recruitment processes which include advertisement, arrange for candidate interviews, follow-up calls etc.
- Monitor attendance periodically
6. Organisational Development (General)
- Maintain and update inventory list of office stationeries and supplies monthly.
- Ensure that the office supplies and sundries are always replenished.
- Ensure Maintenance Agreements for equipment are complied with and that general office equipment (fax, phone, photocopier machine and computers), water dispenser and microwave oven are in good working order.
- In consultation with SIS staff, recommend and arrange for purchase of office equipment and furniture including obtaining quotations, upon the Executive Director’s final approval.
- Ensure all staff and office contents are included in SIS insurance scheme.
- Ensure premiums of staff PA and Hospitalisation insurances and office contents insurance are being paid accordingly.
- Arrange for adequate travel insurance for SIS staff traveling overseas or outstation.
- Report regularly to the Operations Manager on the progress of work and to inform of any issues which are potentially constructive or detrimental to the organization;
- Assist in the conduct of activities such as meetings, brainstorming etc as deemed appropriate by the Operations Manager;
- Participate in staff meetings, and in the management team meetings when necessary;
- Contribute to team tasks at SIS, such as scanning and assessing incoming materials and communications, visitor orientation;
- In collaboration with Operations Manager and appropriate staff members, contribute to the development of funding proposals, submissions or contracts/agreements.
- Ensure high quality implementation of projects;
- Assist in day-to-day efficient running of the office;
- Assist the Operations Manager and the management team in any other tasks as instructed in pursuit of the vision, mission and objectives of Sisters in Islam;
- Carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the primary objectives of the position.
- Create email for new staff member using Cpanel
- Create Centralize Storage System (CSS) account to new staff member
- Add and remove SIS staff in SIS calendar and SIS Google Group
- In charge of hosting server renewal (yearly)