| || |
|Promoting an understanding of Islam that recognises the principles of |
justice, equality, freedom, and dignity within a democratic nation state
SIS Forum Malaysia (SIS) is inviting applications for the following position. If you are passionate about advancing the rights of women in the country and believe in gender equality and human rights, please submit your application to email@example.com
A description of the work environment.
SIS offers a friendly, consultative and supportive work environment. Staff are warm, caring and very committed to SIS work. The organisation offers competitive benefits to its staff, including a wellness programme, medical insurance, interest free loan or scholarship, attractive salary scale and 24 days of annual leave upon confirmation.
1. COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
A. OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
To advance and effectively communicate the SIS mission and vision by engaging the broader public as well as identified target groups on advocacy issues and raising SIS’s profile, primarily through communication tools, publications, SIS media and events.
B. Duties and Responsibilities
b) Organisational Development (General)
- Assist in the design, development and implementation of an overall media strategy to realise SIS’ vision, mission and objectives.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement communications tools, such as the website, media releases and statements, featured articles, and social media. The Communications Officer will be responsible for keeping the website up-to-date and relevant to SIS’ interests and issues.
- Produce Monthly e-Newsletter to promote a rights-based understanding of Islam that upholds the principles of equality, justice, freedom and dignity within a democratic state framework.
- Disseminate information effectively to general audiences and target groups (including policy makers, the religious authorities, the academia, Islamic and women’s groups, donors and Friends of SIS) by ensuring that all messages are consistent, clear, and appropriate.
- Conduct daily media monitoring on issues relevant to SIS’ work and update the Communications, Research, and Publications (CRP) Programme Manager and other relevant parties.
- Build strong relationships with key people in media agencies, and other key stakeholders, ensure that contacts and distribution databases are properly maintained.
- Report and update CRP Programme Manager regularly on work progress and urgent issues which may potentially advance or pose a detriment to the organization.
- Assist in organising and participate in activities such as meetings, brainstorming etc as deemed appropriate by the CRP Programme Manager.
- Participate in staff meetings, and in the management team meetings when necessary.
- Contribute to team tasks at SIS, such as assessing incoming materials and communications, visitor orientation, etc.
- In collaboration with CRP Programme Manager and appropriate staff members, contribute to the development of funding proposals, submissions or contracts/agreements, and reports.
c) Other responsibilities
- Assist the CRP Programme Manager and Executive Director in any other tasks as instructed in pursuit of the vision, mission and objectives of SIS.
- Assist in day-to-day efficient running of the office.
- Carry out other duties as may be reasonably required to meet the primary objectives of the position.
- The position is directly accountable to the CRP Programme Manager.
How to apply
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as soon as possible and no later than 17 May 2015. Applications should be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org