| || |
|Promoting an understanding of Islam that recognises the principles of |
justice, equality, freedom, and dignity within a democratic nation state
Are you interested in feminism and religion? At Sisters in Islam, we aim to bring gender justice by bridging feminism with religion, two things that are perceived to be perpetually in conflict with one another. If you are passionate about promoting gender equality, we encourage you to get involved with us at SIS by applying to our internship program. The internship experience aims to provide a working experience and an opportunity to widen your knowledge about Muslim feminism and gender justice.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about promoting gender justice and have a good understanding of gender equality. We want your experience at SIS to be enriching, so we will try out best to assign you to a unit according to your skills. The main areas at SIS include; communications, research and publications, advocacy, public education and legal unit, so there will definitely be something perfect for you!
Overview of Tasks of Intern:
1. Participate in SIS Nasi Bungkus Lunch1 by presenting at least one topic to share with SIS staff
2. Submit an internship report to summarise key learning points and to highlight any handover tasks
3. Ensure high quality implementation of projects
4. Assist in day-to-day efficient running of the office, where relevant
5. Assist the Senior Manager and the management team in any other tasks as instructed in pursuit of the vision, mission and objectives of Sisters in Islam
Internship Work Conditions:
1. Work hours will be from 9.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays
2. Entitle to all public holidays that falls within the internship
3. Food, accommodation and travel expenses for the duration of the internship will be covered by the intern. Travel claims can only be made if the expenses incurred are work related, e.g. attending meetings, running errands for SIS, etc.
How to apply:
Email, mail or even send via fax the following documents:
1. A copy of your detailed resume
2. Passport-sized photograph (non-returnable)
3. Contact details
Send your information to us to apply, using your preferred method to the following address:
1. E-mail: email@example.com
2. Fax: +603-7960 8737
3. Address: SIS Forum (Malaysia)
No 4, Lorong 11/8E,
46200 Petaling Jaya,
If you need any further information, please call our Operations Manager Rosezaini Mansor at +603-7960-5121.